Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Data: Google Assistant Searcher Behavior On Android vs Google Home
A couple weeks ago, Scott Huffman the VP of Engineering at Google shared some interesting data on the Google Assistant. Here is one slide that shows how people throughout the day use the Google Assistant on…
- Google: Company Name In Title Tag Is Fine
Many web sites put a keyword rich one line short description of the content on the page in their title tag. Many of those companies also add to the end of their title tag the company or brand name of the site.
- Google: Does It Matter Where Your XML Sitemap File Is Located?
I saw an interesting question about the location, directory, the XML sitemap is placed in. Does that matter to Google, and if so how? John Mueller from Google responded that it depends.
- Google: We Don’t Support Checking Millions Of Domains For Manual Actions In Bulk
This is a somewhat funny conversation between an SEO and John Mueller from Google. The SEO wants a quick and automated way (maybe via the API) to check 1.5 million domains for any manual actions…
- Google Stockholm New Fireplace
Google’s Stockholm, Sweden office has installed a new fireplace, or at least that is what Robert Nyman said on Twitter. The photo he took is actually super hot and awesome.
- Programming Note: Rosh Hashanah 5779 – Shana Tova!
This is a programming note that Monday and Tuesday is Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year and I will be offline the next two days. I will be offline Monday and Tuesday.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- We only have room for a few handfuls of URLs in the search results, it’s completely normal that we don’t show all of them.… https://t.co/jTjQINzma4, John Mueller on Twitter
- The longer you leave a site in a broken state, the harder it is for our algorithms to understand what you actually wanted.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- Is it Ethical To Use Cross Domain Rel=Canonical Tags On Websites?, WebmasterWorld
- Yes – well, we drop the #fragments , we don’t ignore the, John Mueller on Twitter
Note: This story was pre-written and scheduled to be posted now, I am currently offline for a holiday.