Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Is Stolen Content Outranking You? Tell Google About It.
If a scraper site, a site that steals your content and posts it almost identically on their own domain with no value add, outranks you, then that is something you might want to tell Google about…
- Google: Singular & Plural Words Can Be Different Keywords
Here is the basic and obvious post of the day but hey, always good to go back to basics every now and then. One webmaster asked if Google may treat plural and singular words as different keywords and John Mueller of Google said yes, Google can…
- Google Releases AdWords Editor 11.5
Google typically doesn’t announce updates to the AdWords Editor but they did announced version 11.5 of the AdWords Editor. The big change is to support expanded text ads which started rolling out already…
- Google FAQs For HTTP To HTTPS Migration For News Publishers
In February, we covered the general FAQs for HTTP to HTTPS migrations but now Google’s Gary Illyes posted on the Google+ webmaster channel…
- Google Serves Google Juice To Top Contributors
Moritz Tolxdorff from Google shared a photo of the drinks they gave out at the first Top Contributor Summit In Hamburg, Germany. He called them HP potions but they are also known as the Google Juice.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Alerts/Search being used to trash United States Digital Services, Google Webmaster Help
- #AdSenseGuide tip: Please your audience with creative stories that remain…, Google+ – AdSense
- A somewhat difficult Challenge this week for the natural history buffs among…, Google+ – Dan Russell
- Acknowledging positive reviews is just as important as addressing complaints.…, Google+ – Google Business
- Apple’s Q3 Profits Down 27pct, Revenue of $42.4 billion, WebmasterWorld
- We’re introducing Family Library, a way for up to six family members to share…, Google+ – Google
- As users’ expectations rise, native ads provide an opportunity to enhance the…, Google+ – AdSense
- Facebook Q2, 2016 Revenue $6.436 billion, Ahead of Expected, WebmasterWorld
- New Feature! Check out which topics are trending in Moz Content Search. https://t.co/FSWLkvSlGp https://t.co/dLYI0hz4az, Moz on Twitter