This week we covered not just one but two different unconfirmed Google search algorithm updates, one on January 6th and one on the 9th. Google has an embarrassing knowledge panel hack that has been around since 2016. Google is now sending consolidated notifications via Search Console for mobile-first indexing changes. Google said they will discontinue some of the old Search Console reports. Google said their own internal SEO teams get zero preferential treatment, despite their success. Google said unnatural links on your site done by machine learning is not different than humans. Google’s John Mueller dished out hard to hear SEO advice to one webmaster. Google updated their Rich Results test to add inline code editing. Google said to speed up page removal from Google’s index, use 404s and temporary sitemaps. Google Search Results snippets for Q&A show the year and month the question was asked. Google has a new design for lyrics in mobile search. Google is showing your match scores in the local panel. Google is rolling out your related activity cards. Google added features to the Manufacturer Center. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Search Algorithm Update On January 9th?
- Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Around January 6th
- Knowledge Panel Exploit Is Embarrassing For Google
- Google Now Sending Consolidated Mobile-First Indexing Notifications
- Google Will Discontinue Some Old Search Console Features
- Google: Our SEO Success Is Not From Preferential Treatment
- Google: Unnatural Links By Humans Or Bots Are Your Responsibility
- Google’s John Mueller Gives Hard Advice To Low Quality Site
- Google Rich Results Test Now With Code Editing
- Use 404s & Temporary Sitemaps To Speed Up Page Removal From Google
- Google Search Results Rich Snippet With Asked X Years/Months Ago
- Google’s New Design For Lyrics In Search Results On Mobile
- Google Local Listings Tests Your Match Scores
- Google Rolls Out Your Related Activity Card; Showing You Past Searches
- Google Manufacturer Center With New Content, Analytics & Availability