Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEOs Cannot Ask Google To List Their App URLs Over AMP URLs In Mobile
A couple years ago, Google decided that AMP URLs should trump app indexing URLs in the mobile search results. That has not changed, despite me complaining about it. I do wish I could let Google know that if someone downloaded my app, that I want them to go into my app instead of the AMP page from Google search.
- Google May Replace The Fetch As Google With URL Inspection Tool
Google may be working towards replacing the Fetch as Google tool with the URL Inspection tool. As you know, Google said not all features will port over from the old Google Search Console to the new. Google keeps adding more functionality to the URL Inspection Tool and now many of the Fetch as Google features now work in the URL Inspection tool.
- Google: Canceling URL Removal Requests In Search Console Is Quick
Google’s John Mueller said on Twitter that typically cancelling URL removal requests in Google Search Console is quick. How quick? I do not know but he said quick.
- Google URL Inspection Tool Doesn’t Handle Redirect HTTP Response Code
Yesterday Google unveiled a nice number of useful new features in the URL inspection tool. One of those features was to show the HTTP response code of a URL. But did you know it doesn’t show redirect HTTP response codes?
- Google Goose
Here are some of the geese at the Google office in Mountain View, California. We have a lot of these where I live in New York, it is good to see them over at the Google offices as well. They do make
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Hey folks in New York — I’m considering setting up an office hours “in real life” hangout in the Google NYC office on Tuesday 6pm’ish — would there be any interest in joining in person? (I’m not sure how traffic is around tha, John Mueller on Twitter
- Please send me an example(s) of us not crediting sources. Put together a list, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org thanks. I’d love to review it.’… https://t.co/VWITfFQbrB, lorenbaker on Twitter
- Pew Research: 74pct Facebook Users Still Don’t Realise How Its Ads Work, WebmasterWorld
- Understanding payment options and when you are charged helps you avoid campaign disruption due to billing issues. Let’s learn how ‘¡ https://t.co/1VvF8sVKX2 ;)’… https://t.co/1lYh1VSEiK, Google Ads on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
- Google shares tips for success in Google News search results
- Get proven SEO & SEM tactics – attend SMX in San Jose in 2 weeks
- Ad testing in a multi-format world of responsive search ads, three headlines and more
- Bing Ads will serve all Yahoo search ads in new Microsoft-Verizon Media deal
- Get more conversions by deconstructing your PPC ads
- 25 tools to streamline YouTube SEO optimization
- Updated study: Links are still incredibly important for ranking in Google
Other Great Search Stories:
- Google Analytics Insights, Excel Visibility LTD
- Tracking Embedded YouTube Videos with Google Tag Manager, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
Industry & Business
- Microsoft and Verizon Media strengthen partnership, Bing Ads Blog
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- Why you need a blog, and why it matters for SEO, DealerOn
- Google Algorithm Update 2019: January Update Affects News Sites & Blogs, Stan Ventures
- Ways to succeed in Google News, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Sunset of the Ad Manager API v201802, Google Ads Developer Blog
- The essential PPC checklist, Hallam Internet
- Tips for Managing CRO Accounts and Client Relationships, PPC Hero